Sunday 25 October 2009

Deflated

I met her, twice actually, she was nice, pleasent company but there was no spark of magic, no heart pounding inner excitement, no restless thoughts about her. Basically I aren't attracted to her.

Now what?

I have been shopping the aisles of the dating site, looking for that one woman that makes me want to burst, but to no avail. I am talking regularly with another woman, little is known of her, though she has no problem with me still sleeping with a teddy in the bed. I like the little things that offer those special comforts and security.

I doubt my ability to even know what I want from a woman, and even more so, I doubt what I can offer her. Truly, I feel that a solitary life with a few friends and aquaintances is all I can really manage. I think my destiny has no place for relationships and coupling.

I wonder if perhaps I am being too picky, but surely when looking for and choosing someone to share your life with, you have the right to what only the best possible person to share it with. My only real criteria I have are, they must not smoke, must be single, and have no kids. Other than them, I like to think I could work with any other traits.

I am feeling a tad guilty about the lady I dated briefly, but in these matters the heart must surely take point, and if it doesn't feel a connection, an attraction of any kind, then surely its okay to politely move on.

I only hope I can eventually figure out what it is that I am to move on to, or into.

No comments:

Post a Comment