Friday 9 October 2009

Its begun...

Tonight, I took to the world, I hid in the shadows, watching. Anticipation and eagerness were urging me to make my entrance, but patience and focus held me steady. A girl... attractive, early 20's, travelled alone through the ancient streets, she was nervous, anxiously looking around, paranoid by her solitary situation, and by the darkness of the night. Two burly, drunk men stumbled from a club doorway and saw the girl, their predatory instincts fuelled by liquor kicked in and they quickly moved into flanking positions and pursuit. Like all prey animals, the girl knew she was being followed and started to walk briskly away, but this inspired the Burlies, and also my awareness of the situation. Anticipation gave way to assertiveness, eagerness merged with a calmness the focus gave me, and adrenalin fuelled my actions, I followed the followers. I was hidden within the cracks and recesses of the shadows and night. The girl panicked, and they pounced on her. I momentarily saw red, but stemed it, and asserted myself, or rather my fists into each of the Burlies lower backs, they released her, turned to face me, but all they saw was my opposing fists, slamming into each of there throats, sapping them of breath and creasing them, I grabbed them both by the scruff of there respective necks and slammed their heads together, with a gut wrenching thud, and I released, as they slumped to the floor. The girl, still in shock, and talking through her fear induced sobs, asked me "Who are you?" I replied, with minimal intonation, "I'm The Night". I told her to run, and not stop until she reached home or the police, and that she would be safe now because she would find only safety in the darkness and the Burlies, Rowdies, and Thugs would come to know and fear The Night. As she ran, I took black cable ties and tied the Burlies together, back to back around a lamppost and then using their own mobile phones, called in the police, then left them their with a simple note affixed to them. It read:

We are scum, and we tried to rape a woman. Stop us from doing this again. We are scared of The Night.

This needed work, but for the first night on patrol, and without any special apparel or training I had saved a girl, and apprehended two big goons. I started well, and now had the impetous to make more of myself, and of The Night.

1 comment: